The hair growth rate averages 15 millimeters per year making it a slow and sometimes frustrating process.
Whether we want to change haircuts or give them more volume, sometimes we want to speed up this process.
Some people choose to use extensions, while others prefer to use hair treatments or oral supplements to achieve long-term hair.
However, it is better to follow a diet healthy and balanced.
Remember that the beauty of your hair begins from within . For that, it is essential to take into account the nutrients you need to keep them soft, shiny and resistant. In this way, you will be able to maintain a progressive growth of hair.
In addition, you can also apply some masks based on natural products that you can perfectly make yourself. In this way, you will provide more nutrients to your hair from the outside.
To stimulate hair growth, pay attention to your diet and incorporate the necessary vitamins such as those we will recommend in this article.
1. Vitamin C
The vitamin C acts as an antioxidant, and helps fight hair loss while maintaining their natural color.
Another advantage is that it increases blood circulation in the scalp which allows the hair to receive the right nutrients and grow more easily.
Some foods that contain high levels of vitamin C are:
- Fruits such as orange, lemon, strawberries, kiwi and grapefruit
We also recommend applying a natural vitamin C mask to beautify your hair.
- ¼ cup of natural orange juice (60 ml)
- ½ glass of natural lemon juice (100 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey (50 g)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well together.
- Apply the resulting paste to your wet hair and leave for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse your hair with water.
- Apply this mask on your hair once a week.
2. Vitamin B3
Vitamin B3 plays an important role in the nutrition of the scalp, and promotes the growth of healthy hair .
When we do not eat enough vitamin B3, our hair loses its luster and breaks easily.
Foods that contain a large amount of this vitamin are:
- Wheat and its derivatives
- Dry tomatoes
3. Vitamin B7
Vitamin B7 promotes the production of fatty acids in our cells, which nourishes the hair follicles of the scalp. Regular consumption of vitamin B7 repairs weakened hair and contributes to its rapid growth .
Try to consume one of the following foods to get an appropriate amount of vitamin B7:
- Almonds or walnuts
- Egg yolk
- Milk and derivatives
An egg yolk mask is also ideal for providing your hair with a significant amount of vitamin B7.
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut (45 g)
- Beat the egg with the oil and mix well.
- Apply the mask on the roots of your hair and gently massage with your fingers.
- Let this mask rest for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water, then wash with your usual shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure every two weeks.
4. Vitamin E
It is important to know that much of the condition of our hair is due to the health of our scalp.
In this sense, vitamin E increases oxygen levels in the blood and stimulates circulation which is vital for good hair growth.
In addition, this vitamin promotes the moisture of the hair fibers, thus allowing greater resistance and protection of the hair against external aggressions.
You may obtain Vitamin E if you consume the following foods:
- Vegetable oils
- Peanuts and hazelnuts
- Sunflower seeds
To make yourself a mask rich in vitamin E we invite you to try the following recipe:
- ½ banana
- ½ lawyer
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt (60 g)
- 1 vitamin E capsule (you can find it at a health food store)
- Mix all the ingredients and add the vitamin E capsule.
- Moisten your hair and apply the mask on the ends.
- Make a circular and gentle massage with the fingertips on your scalp.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly with water.
5. Vitamin A
Thanks to its antioxidant properties, vitamin A, in addition to taking care of our hair, protects vision and skin .
By including it in our diet we will promote an improvement in the texture and shine of the hair. Indeed, this vitamin stimulates the production of fat or sebum that covers the hair and prevents it from breaking.
You can get vitamin A from the following foods:
- Pâté de foie
- Fatty cheese
See also: How to use horsetail to grow your hair
6. Vitamin D
From birth, many doctors recommend exposing babies to the sun for a few minutes a day to get Vitamin D.
This is not without reasons, since Vitamin D is very important for stimulating the absorption of nutrients .
Calcium is one of those essential nutrients for the health of hair follicles. Acquiring this vitamin in sufficient quantities is extremely beneficial for hair growth.
In addition to getting it naturally by taking a light sunbath in the morning, you can also find it in the following foods:
- Enriched cereals
- Cod liver oil
Other tips for taking care of your hair
In addition to taking care of your diet, we recommend that you take the following tips into your daily beauty care:
- Avoid using hair dryers as much as possible, curling or straightening iron because heat dries the hair and damages the scalp.
- Do not abuse chemicals such as dyes, artificial and permanent lintages.
- Take care of your hair when you are in the sun, especially at the beach or in the summer. Try to apply an essential oil to keep them moist and protected.
- Do not brush your hair too hard to avoid damaging them
- Make sure you drink enough water. In this way, your hair will retain its natural moisture.
- Clean your hair and scalp very well. However, we recommend that you do not wash your hair every day to prevent the continued loss of natural oils that protect and make them silky.
See also this article: 6 vitamins and foods that prevent the early appearance of white hair
Although we do not immediately see the link, our diet plays a fundamental role in delaying the appearance of white hair, because vitamins promote the good condition of hair.