The breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gives us the energy necessary to develop our activities. Many people choose to prepare a good breakfast to be fed, satiated and avoid the need to snack throughout the morning.
Breakfast that makes you lose weight
A breakfast that helps you lose weight should not be poor in calories because if so, you would be hungry all day, which would make you nibble food that we should not eat. On the contrary, it should be a balanced and satisfying meal containing:
7 breakfasts to lose weight and not go hungry
1. Oatmeal with vegetable milk
Oatmeal is an excellent food for any healthy breakfast and not to be hungry. They give us a lot of energy, they are satiating and rich in fiber, which promotes intestinal transit and elimination of waste. They also have relaxing properties on the nervous system that help us reduce anxiety.
A simple and nutritious breakfast for weight loss is to boil oats in a vegetable drink (soy, rice, almonds, etc.). You can add a little vanilla or cinnamon, nuts or a little cocoa. Although ideal for cold days this breakfast can also be consumed on hot days.
2. Green smoothies
Green smoothies are fashionable because they are very healthy and allow us to lose weight quickly without being hungry. Despite its color, which is due to its content in green leaves (spinach, celery, arugula, beetroot, among others), its flavor is sweet and delicious, because it also contains sweet fruits (bananas, peaches, apples).
These smoothies are very satisfying because of their high fiber content. They have a high purifying power which facilitates the elimination of toxins. They are great for starting the day because the body uses levulose ingredients to get the energy it needs.
3. Toast of bread with avocado
For those who can not do without bread at breakfast, we recommend to opt for whole grain breads such as spelled, rye, and buckwheat. Today we can find a variety of breads made in a more traditional way that will surprise you with their flavor.
To accompany our portion of whole wheat bread at breakfast, a good option is the avocado a very complete fruit rich in protein in healthy fats and in fibers. On the other hand, we can accompany our toast with a small egg (instead of avocado) or a little turkey ham.
4. Spinach and gaspacho omelette
For some people, breakfasts are very important. In fact, they eat almost like it’s a lunch. Keep in mind that although it is good to eat at breakfast, the excess can be counterproductive. Especially because a very big meal at breakfast can numb you.
The best options for a substantial but not excessive breakfast are tortillas (tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, forming, etc.) and gaspacho.
- Spinach omelet. Very complete food, rich in protein and healthy fats.
- gazpacho. Raw vegetable juices bring us a lot of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
5. Coffee, coconut oil, cinnamon and honey
- 1 cup of coffee
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 g)
- A teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon (4 g)
- 1 spoonful of honey (21 g)
- You have to beat the ingredients to mix well. The result will be a very energizing drink to start the day. Of course, we can accompany this coffee with a toast of bread or an apple.
6. Yogurt with granola
A simple but very healthy breakfast is yogurt (natural or Greek) with granola. It’s a combination of oats with nuts and seeds that gives us everything we need. We recommend preparing homemade granola to avoid added sugars.
7. Healthy chocolate milkshake
Here, we present this delicious and very easy recipe for chocolate lovers who want to lose weight without being hungry and have a sweet touch in their breakfast.
- 1 banana
- An apple
- 1 glass of almond drink (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa (30 g)
- Stevia or honey
- Beat the ingredients for one minute. We recommend that drink the mixture at room temperature, and limit yourself to one drink per day.