However, simply adding certain foods to your diet can be very effective for weight gain.
Here are 7 of the best foods to help you gain weight or gain muscle in a healthy way.
1. Homemade protein milkshakes
Drinking homemade protein shakes can be a very nutritious and quick way to gain weight.
It is best to make your own milk shake because commercial products are often full of sugar and lack nutrients.
Preparing your own milkshake will also help you vary tastes and nutrient content.
Here are some tasty variations that you can try. You can combine each of them with 2 cups (470 ml) of milk or a vegetable alternative such as almond milk .
Milk shake with nuts, banana and chocolate
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoon of chocolate whey protein (10 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (20 g)
- 1 glass of skim milk (200 ml)
- Mix the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is obtained
- Consume after physical effort
Milk shake with avocado, chocolate and hazelnut
- 2 glasses of milk chocolate (400 ml)
- 2 teaspoons of chocolate whey protein (10 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of hazelnut butter (20 g)
- 1 lawyer
- Mix all ingredients for a few minutes
- Take this shake after training.
Super Green Milkshake
- 1 cup spinach (60 g)
- a lawyer
- 1 banana
- 1 cup pineapple (150 g)
- 2 teaspoons non-flavored whey protein or vanilla (10 ml)
- Mix the ingredients and consume.
All of these milkshakes provide between 400 and 600 calories, as well as a large amount of protein and other important vitamins and minerals.
For decades, milk has been used to gain weight or gain muscle mass. Indeed, it provides a good balance between proteins, carbohydrates and fats. It is also a good source of calcium, as well as other vitamins and minerals.
For those trying to gain muscle, milk is an excellent source of protein that provides both casein and whey protein.
- A single 150 g salmon fillet provides about 350 calories and 4 grams of omega 3.
- It also provides 34 grams of high quality protein, which helps build muscles or gain weight.
Avocado is a reservoir of healthy fats . Unlike other whole fruits, avocados are quite dense in calories and therefore an excellent food to help you gain weight.
- One fat avocado (200 grams) provides about 322 calories, 29 grams of fat, and 17 grams of fiber.
- Avocados are also rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
Try adding avocado to your main meals and other dishes such as salads or sandwiches.
7. Dark chocolate
High quality dark chocolate provides a large amount of antioxidants and is a source of health benefits. Most experts recommend consuming dark chocolate with a cocoa content of 70% or more.
Like other high-fat foods, dark chocolate has a very high caloric density . This means that it is very easy to remove a lot of calories.
- Each 100 gram bar contains about 600 calories.
- It is also rich in micronutrients and health promoting compounds such as fiber, magnesium, and antioxidants.
The secret behind weight gain lies in consuming more calories than your body needs.
Physical exercise also important, so that extra calories can be used to make muscle instead of simply adding fat.
Add foods from this list to your diet plans and keep them for the long term.
Main image with the kind permission of © wikiHow.com