The white tongue is a consequence of the accumulation of bacteria dead cells and a sign that something could go wrong in your mouth.
When the white language begins to appear, you only notice a few spots. But as the problem progresses, these spots will get bigger and eventually cover the whole tongue.
Have you noticed this problem? In this case, try these natural remedies for the white tongue. There is something for everyone, so do not worry: you will certainly find one that suits you.
The probiotics are bacteria that fight the microbes of the mouth and improve the immune response . It helps to prevent the white tongue, reduce inflammation and fight germs that have accumulated in the body.
- To consume probiotics, you can eat a little yogurt every day or take probiotics in the form of capsules.
- Yogurt is a good idea if you are also interested in a balanced diet.
- Capsules are readily available in health food stores.
See also: The 15 Best Probiotics for Health
Glycerin is a great ally for fighting the white tongue because it kills oral bacteria and prevents them from accumulating.
For the effect to be prolonged, you must use glycerin regularly. Ideally, it should be applied once a day if the problem is mild and twice daily for a very affected language.
- Apply a little glycerin to a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Then brush your tongue for 2 minutes and rinse with warm or cold water.
3. Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (5 g)
- Toothbrush with soft bristles
- As soon as you get up in the morning, wash your mouth with coconut oil.
- Pay special attention to the tongue and brush it for 3-4 minutes.
- Then rinse with fresh water and brush with your usual toothpaste.
4. Aloe vera juice
Aloe vera juice has anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. He thus gently eliminates the white layer formed on the tongue.
We recommend the use of freshly extracted natural aloe vera juice instead of commercial products.
- Use two tablespoons of aloe vera juice to rinse your mouth. Do it by taking the time to thoroughly rinse your mouth.
- Then brush your teeth with your usual toothpaste.
5. Sodium bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate is an exfoliant that helps fight the white tongue while neutralizing the pH of your mouth.
This is important because a balanced pH reduces the reproductive and growth capacity of bacteria.
Lemon also completes the effect by helping to heal the tongue.
- 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (5 g)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mix the baking soda and lemon to create a paste.
- Place it on your toothbrush and brush your tongue for two minutes.
- Rinse with warm water, then brush one last time with your usual toothpaste.
6. Marine salt
Sea salt is another surefire remedy for fighting the white tongue. Although you can use normal salt, we recommend sea salt because it has larger grains that facilitate exfoliation.
Salt removes dead cells that accumulate on the tongue, and also has a great antiseptic effect and thus kills bacteria.
- Just take a pinch of sea salt and apply it directly to the tongue.
- Brush with your usual toothbrush for about 3 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Turmeric is an antibacterial and helps eliminate the white layer that accumulates on the tongue. To increase its effect, we recommend using a little lemon juice. This will facilitate brushing.
- Just take a teaspoon of turmeric and mix it with the juice of a lemon.
- Use this paste and brush for 3 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
Tips for Avoiding the White Language
As you can see, there are several natural remedies for killing bacteria that have accumulated on your tongue.
We recommend that you take the following precautions to prevent the problem from reoccurring once it has been resolved:
- Brush your teeth at least 3 times a day. This seems like an obvious tip, but it is common to neglect brushing, especially at noon.
If you have already noticed an excess of bacteria, you must strengthen oral hygiene.
- Occasionally use one of these natural remedies. Once you have removed the white spots from your tongue, you can apply the remedy of your choice once a week. Thus, you will prevent this from reappearing.
- Drink plenty of water. In addition to hydrating you, water helps eliminate bacteria that accumulate in your mouth.
Do you know of another remedy for eliminating the white tongue? Tell us which is the most effective for you.