The liver is an indispensable organ for the digestive system to work optimally without overloading itself and for everything to work properly.
Why is it important to have a liver health?
- This is the body responsible for detoxifying blood since it acts as a filter.
- He stores vitamins and minerals .
- It transforms stored sugar into usable energy for the body.
- It produces bile, which helps digest fats.
- It is also very important when it comes to helping us maintain our weight.
- An unhealthy diet promotes the development of liver diseases, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, hepatic steatosis, and cancer.
Want to know more? Read 9 Foods that Care for Your Liver
Foods that prevent a healthy liver
The consumption of desserts, sweetened beverages, sweets and all types of candies made from refined sugars is a risk factor, since it can trigger liver diseases such as fibrosis.
Excessive salt intake raises blood pressure and increases the risk of developing fatty liver (or fatty liver disease) .
It is important to read the labels of the products we consume to control the amount of sodium added.
Alcoholic beverages disrupt the normal functions of the liver.
A chemical imbalance then occurs, and liver cells are destroyed, which can cause hepatitis or cirrhosis.
4. Saturated fats
Fatty foods contain a lot of calories and increase levels of triglycerides (which damage the liver) .
To have a healthy liver, it is important to reduce the consumption of butter, fatty meat, mayonnaise, crème fraîche or cold cuts.
See this article: 5 Foods That Will Help You Fight and Eliminate Saturated Fats
5. White and refined flours
Abundant carbohydrates can prevent large amounts of fat from being used as energy. In this case, they do not burn, which causes an increase in stored fat.
- Insulin levels increase, and insulin resistance is the leading cause of many coronary heart diseases.
- The body converts excess carbohydrates into glycogen and stores it in the liver and muscles.
- Under these conditions, these carbohydrates are transformed into fat and stored in adipose tissue . The result is overweight and obesity .
6. The very spicy food
The excess of spices helps to damage our liver . It is important not to consume too pungent or spicy dishes, because we could suffer from digestive disorders.
Our liver could even remain irreversibly damaged.
7. The frying
Fats, or lipids, are nutrients contained in foods, and are used to construct cell membranes, tissues, and hormones.
- The problem is that, consumed in excess, they are harmful to our health and our liver .
- Fats that are ingested but are not burned as energy are converted into fat cells.
- They are mainly transformed into abdominal adiposity, which represents a significant risk factor, because it can lead to the development of various diseases such as:
- type 2 diabetes
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Colon and breast cancers
8. The drugs
Some drugs may have side effects if taken improperly or when mixed with alcohol
In the case of self-medication, our liver can suffer significant damage. That is why it is recommended to consult an expert who can give you a diagnosis and prescribe the drug that you need.
Recommendations for Healthy Liver
- Follow a balanced diet with fiber, vitamins and minerals
- Increase your consumption of fruits, vegetables and pulses
- Eat low fat white meats, fish or skinless chicken
- Bet on raw salads
- Drink between 2 and 3 liters of water a day
- Drink herbal infusions that help the digestive process (chamomile, mauve, verbena, marcela)
- Limit the consumption of alcohol
- Watch Your Weight Obesity as Well as Leanness Affect Liver Tissue
- Exercise regularly
- Sleep the number of hours needed
- Avoid Smoking
- Do activities to maintain a low level of stress .
Remember that poor nutrition has nothing to do with the amount of food you eat, but with the quality of food.
A person may be overweight and deficient in vitamins and nutrients although he consumes a large amount of food because his diet is not balanced.
If you have any doubts about your diet, it is important to consult a dietitian who can clarify all your doubts and guide you to a correct and healthy diet.
A good diet is essential to take care of your health!
Main image offered by © 1945-1999