Asthma is a respiratory disease that occurs following the contraction or inflammation of the ducts through which air reaches the lungs.
This is a severe condition that, by congesting the chest, causes breathing difficulties, wheezing, coughing, and other symptoms that reduce the quality of of life
He is frequent among smokers because the toxins of the cigarette irritate the system permanently.
However, it can also occur because of family history, weak immune system and exposure to contaminated environments.
What some people do not know is that in addition to conventional treatments, there are naturally occurring solutions that promote relief.
Among these we find these seven prodigious foods the consumption of which reduces the irritation of the respiratory mucosa while reinforcing the defenses.
Include them in your diet!
The regular consumption of bananas is one of the natural solutions to combat breathing difficulties caused by episodes of asthma.
- This delicious fruit contains significant amounts of pyridoxine, better known as vitamin B6, which allows to relax the bronchial muscle to reduce irritation of the system. .
- Its vitamins and minerals improve immune functions while activating more mechanisms of defense against viral and bacterial infections.
- It is ideal for reducing congestion of the chest and the irritated throat .
Read also: Â Throat Cleansing: Home Remedies
Spaniards have many health benefits. It is necessary, among others, to mention that they are good allies for our pulmonary health.
- They bring important amounts of vitamins A, B and C, which help to maintain healthy bronchial lining while preventing congestion.
- Its antioxidants clean the airways while eliminating toxins that tend to adhere to tissue.
- They act as natural anti-inflammatories that decrease airway shrinkage in case of asthma
While apples have become popular for weight loss and digestion, it is good to know that they are also ideal for protecting the body from asthma attacks.
- This fruit is rich in bio-flavonoids, substances that protect bronchial mucous membranes to prevent irritation and shrinkage.
- It is attributed antihistamine effects which could control allergic reactions.
- Its vitamins and minerals improve immune health and help reduce the risk of suffering from respiratory diseases.
Lemon, oranges, grapefruit and all citrus fruits are good supplements for keeping a good respiratory health .
- These foods are an important source of vitamins A and C, necessary to maintain strong and active defenses.
- Its antioxidants promote the elimination of toxins retained in the airways while soothing congestion.
- They act as natural antibiotics by stopping the growth of viruses and pathogenic bacteria.
- They help to defuse the bronchi and curb the excessive production of mucus.
Cherries are part of the catalog of alternative remedies for asthma and bronchitis because their nutrients help to clear congested airways.
- They are benefited by their intake of quercetin, an antioxidant substance that protects the respiratory tract against the action of toxins.
- They act as cough suppressants and expectorants by facilitating the relief of dry cough and mucus
- Their vitamins and minerals improve the immune response and reduce cellular stress
The use of one avocado a day is not only good for weight and cardiovascular health, but it could also decrease the risk of having asthma.
- This food is an important source of vitamin E, a nutrient that protects the airways from the impact of free radicals.
- It provides omega 3 fatty acids, substances that act as anti-inflammatory drugs by facilitating the relief of debilitated chest and cough.
- He brings glutathione an element that acts as a detoxifier while eliminating harmful particles that affect lung health.
The active compound of ginger, known as gingerol, has expectorant, anti-inflammatory, and antihistaminic properties that can help control the symptoms of asthma and respiratory infections.
- This food relaxes the airways while facilitating the oxygenation of the lungs.
- I assists in controlling excessive production of mucus and reduces irritation of the bronchial mucosa
- It increases defenses and helps to inhibit the attack of viruses and bacteria.
Remember that in addition to consuming these foods, it is important to have a healthy diet without saturated fats or irritating ingredients.
Increase your water intake and try to avoid contact with strong chemicals or polluted places.