They are described as odors of moisture or “fish”. They may also be accompanied by itching, redness and heavy vaginal discharge .
Its main cause is the excessive growth of yeasts and bacteria in this area, that produce various infections and alter the natural pH.
Although it is not considered a serious problem and occurs sporadically, it is preferable to apply treatment to neutralize it as soon as possible.
In this article, we want to review some of its major causes and 5 effective home remedies that hasten recovery.
Take note of it!
What causes unpleasant odors in the intimate area?
Bad odors in the intimate area are a clear sign of imbalance in vaginal flora . Indeed, these healthy bacteria are responsible for creating a protective barrier against various pathogens that cause infections.
Such alterations modify the composition of vaginal fluids and, as a result, produce a strong odor.
This, moreover, may also be caused by the excessive growth of viruses, bacteria, or yeasts that invade the intimate area.
Here are some other related factors:
- Frequent vaginal douching
- Intimate hygiene
- Use of chemicals in sexual relations
- Frequent consumption of certain foods
- Hormonal changes
- Wearing clothing that is too tight or too wet
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Cancer of the cervix
- Excessive use of antibiotics
- Urinary incontinence
Home remedies to neutralize the bad smell of the intimate area
Sometimes medical treatment may be necessary to control smelly vaginal infections.
However, most of the time, we can eliminate them by preparing simple home remedies of natural origin.
Fenugreek seeds or fenugreek are great allies of feminine intimate health.
- They contain essential nutrients that promote hormonal balance, thereby reducing the occurrence of unpleasant odors associated with a poor adjustment of hormonal activity.
- They also help regulate the menstrual cycle and regulate the pH of the vagina.
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Crush the fenugreek seeds in a mortar and add them to a cup of boiling water.
- Let the beverage stand for 10 minutes and strain with a colander.
Instructions for use
- Drink 2 or 3 cups of fenugreek tea a day.
- Optionally, he uses the liquid to rinse the outer parts of the vagina.
2. Sodium bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate is one of the best natural deodorants to neutralize strong odors from different parts of the body.
Its alkaline composition helps regulate altered pH and reduces the excessive growth of infectious microorganisms.
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda (27 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- Dilute the baking soda in two cups of hot water.
Instructions for use
- Take sitz baths with the solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat use daily until odor is completely eliminated.
3. Leaves of guava