It can also promote depressive states, anxiety and some cognitive problems. If you feel dependent on sweet foods and want to get rid of this habit, proceed with the cleansing of your body by removing it from food cutter for a specific period of time.
Aside from changes in your eating habits, exercise every day will be a great help. It will help you burn excess sugar in your blood.
If your body is overloaded with sucrose, you will experience symptoms such as hyperactivity, chronic fatigue, infections, headaches, sinus problems, drowsiness, mental disorientation, and so on.
The relationship between sugar and weight gain
Fat deposits are not the only thing that explains excess weight. Carbohydrates are also to blame. Sugar is often hidden in the popular consumer products you eat without even knowing it such as: juices, cereals, salad dressings, yogurts, sweets and many others.
Some sugars are used by the body as energy, while the rest is stored as fat. In this sense, there is a big difference between refined and natural sugars . For example, refined foods tend to increase blood sugar levels, which over time lead to the development of fat deposits in the waist region, hips and thighs.
In the period of removing excess sugar from your body, you may want to replace it with artificial sweeteners, but that could be counter-productive.
One of the ways to detoxify sugar is to engage in a diet of natural foods, those that do not come from cans, cans or bottles . These include: fresh vegetables, fruits, lean meat, fish, cereals. Healthy seeds and fats, such as avocado and olive oil.
It is important to emphasize the contribution in proteins because it will keep you full and curb cravings.
Choose the “right” carbohydrates
Eliminate refined carbohydrates such as: white bread, pasta, soft drinks and baked goods. Instead, opt for carbohydrates and vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, green vegetables, eggplants, artichokes and peppers.
For best results, do not consume cereals, beans, and vegetables with starch during the detoxification phase.
How to avoid sugar
If you decide to reduce sugar in your diet, prepare for withdrawal symptoms such as: sadness, headache, weakness, cravings, etc.
The essential thing is to gradually eliminate sweet foods from food that is to say one produced at a time. You will probably feel intense discomfort during the first days, but this will disappear after a short time.
If the anxiety is very high, then consume a small piece of fruit, it may be an apple or an orange.
Food plan to reduce sugar consumption
- Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal with berries and almonds and 3 eggs (boiled).
- Morning snack: 1 bowl of nuts.
- Lunch: grilled chicken breast, served with pumpkin, beetroot, carrots, turnips, beans and almonds.
- Dinner: grilled fish, a plate of green beans and broccoli. You can add mushrooms.
- Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal with berries and seeds, and 1 cup of spinach and carrots.
- Morning snack: 1 bowl of almonds.
- Lunch: grilled zucchini, red and yellow peppers, lemon seasoning, vinegar and thyme sauce, with a green and red cabbage salad with grated carrot, olive oil, lemon, salt and chopped parsley sauce.
- Dinner: steamed green vegetables, cooked cod with Brussels sprouts and roasted turnips.
- Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with shrimp and cabbage salad, radish and walnut
- Morning snack: 1 bowl of nuts.
- Lunch: roasted chicken legs with rosemary, sage, lemon, onion, thyme and black olives
- Dinner: mushroom broth with garlic, onion, celery, thyme, carrots and bay leaves
What to drink to replace sugary drinks
Prepare your own detox water with one of these fruits : grapefruit, blueberries, strawberries or oranges. Cut the fruit and place it in a pot. Add fresh rosemary or mint and fill the bowl with ice and water. Drink daily.
Consume herbal tea without sugar 3 times a day.
This diet plan is extremely effective in reducing sucrose cravings. This is ideal for leaving behind your sugar addiction. Show your will and your determination and you will be on the right path.