The benefits of soup for health are well established. It is full of vitamins, minerals and fiber. However, to take advantage of all its virtues, some pitfalls must be avoided.
• Do not cook vegetables too long. Indeed, it may reduce their content in vitamins and minerals . For a mixed soup, the vegetables will be cooked "al dente".
• Mixed soups are less rich in fibers than those with (large) pieces of vegetables.
• For a diuretic effect favor vegetables such as watercress or leek.
• The potato is very binder because it is rich in starch. But when cooked too long, the glycemic index soars. For the binding effect, it is better to add pumpkin or zucchini to soup (mixing).
• If you pay attention to your line avoid adding sugar (as in tomato soup), bread crumbs, potatoes or honey. Lightly hand cream, cream cheese or grated cheese, bacon and croutons.
• Always prepare soup with fresh vegetables . Do not keep them longer than 3 days in the refrigerator, as they gradually lose their nutrients. If you have no choice, use frozen vegetables (pre) cooked just hours after harvest.
• Avoid soups in preserve or in brick . They are full of salt, additives and sugar. Their vegetable and vitamin content is finally very low.
• For raise the soup, prefer aromatic plants or a bouquet garni. No bouillon cube, very rich in salt.
• When you have prepared your soup, keep it cool and consume it within 3 days. If not freeze it, it will retain its vitamins and minerals.
• The addition of meat (dumplings, boiled, bacon) increases the calorie content and shortens the shelf life of the meat. soup in the refrigerator.