Discover in this article what are the 3 essential steps to a healthy gut in a natural way, by achieving: an integral diet, a sporadic cleansing and an adequate complement of probiotics.
The benefits of a healthy gut
The intestine performs various functions in our body:
- It completes the process of digestion
- It is responsible for the absorption of nutrients through its walls (thus, these pass into the bloodstream)
- He retains and expels feces outside
- It regulates the hydric balance of the body
- He is linked to the immune system
For all of this, it is essential to have a healthy gut, otherwise our body will not function properly and we will suffer short and long-term troubles.
We recommend that you read: Medicinal Plants for Curing the Gut
Three Essential Measures
To have a healthy gut, we must follow these three basic steps.
1. A complete diet
Our diet must be based on complete ingredients. These must not have been modified by refining processes in which the natural fiber is extracted.
In other words, we must leave aside refined cereals, flour and white sugar .
Our diet must contain animal proteins (meat, fish, eggs, dairy products). However, the following food groups must be present in large quantities at each meal:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Complete cereals
- Nuts and seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (10 g)
- 3 prunes
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil (15 g)
- The day before, we will soak the chia seeds and prunes in a glass of water.
- The next day, when we wake up, we mix water, chia seeds and prunes (without stones) with lemon juice and oil.
- We will consume this preparation on an empty stomach, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- We can use this remedy once a week or every two weeks.
- Antibiotics and other drugs
- Unbalanced diet, rich in additives and refined
- Intestinal disorders
- Stress and emotional and nervous disorders
- Natural yogurt
Warning about the consumption of fibers
When we consume foods rich in natural fibers, it is also necessary to increase the consumption of water because, otherwise, we could block the intestine.
If our diet is based on refined foods, when we begin to consume fiber, it is possible that we suffer from a few days of constipation while our body adapts to change.
Foods that are rich in fiber or bran are not the best choice for our intestines because excess fiber can be harmful to health.
With a good amount of fruits and vegetables a day, we will get all the fiber we need naturally.
Our intestine is the end of the digestive tract and is the organ responsible for eliminating excrement.
Therefore, it is essential to facilitate its natural cleansing to prevent the accumulation of toxins due to intestinal dysfunction.
We can sporadically use this remedy to cleanse the bowel deeply.
What should you do?
How to consume it?
The third fundamental measure of having a healthy bowel, once our diet is rich in whole foods and trying to keep this organ clean with natural remedies, is to protect the delicate bacterial flora .
The intestinal flora is negatively affected by various factors:
To protect and repopulate the intestinal flora, we can use probiotic supplements, which must always be taken on an empty stomach, two hours before each meal.
This condition is essential for them to perform the beneficial function on the flora, because if we mix them with food, they will only help us to better digest.
There are many varieties and qualities of probiotics. The more yeasts they contain, the more complete and effective they will be . We can consume them periodically or whenever we need to regulate our intestinal transit.
We can also incorporate fermented foods into our diet, which are rich in probiotics. Among the most recommended we find:
Before you finish, do not miss: 8 signs that your gut is sick
Although we do not make the link, some rashes such as acne or other allergic reactions that appear on the skin may be due to an intoxicated gut that is not able to purify itself by itself. even.